Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Autumn, summer



Two autumnal postcards received today - this is a swap with my dyeing group - a foiled leaf from Debbie and a metal leaf made from a soda can from Kelly. And on the right, a start on my Shades of Sunshine quilties - plus a bookmark and a journal page. I've done the bases for these, but not embellished much yet (though I did put some holes in them and started tying fibres through them). Not sure what embellishments I'm going to put on them yet, but I will probably do that tomorrow. I think I might have some dragonfly charms, which would be very suitable, as one of the red fabrics have dragonflies on them.

I did also do some work on the Twisted Mystery Quilt - got one border of the small squares done and some more sewed together in preparation for the other three borders...

3 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Your kidlets look absolutely DELIGHTED to be going back to school! LOL! I know Mom is happy to have a few hours to herself! Enjoy!

Pascale said...

Kate, I am amazed at the number of things you manage to do. And I will put your blog in my list of blogs as I realised you had mine. Thanks for the reference I did get some visits coming from your way.
Pascale
french-patchworker

artisbliss said...

Oh, I love those quilties! My favorite colors.