Thursday, July 10, 2008

S is for Snail's trail



This is a start on my S is for... postcards - a squished snail's trail block (to fit the size of postcards. There's a little white paper showing on these, but once I trim them to PC size, they'll be fine. What appears brown in this photo is actually dark red, but you get the general idea. Otherwise, not much done today, other than grocery shopping - and then putting it all away at home. I usually get my shopping delivered but once in a while I like to go to the shops in person. Today I decided to go to Asda, as I needed some new polo shirts for the kids for September, and they have lots of school uniform in the shops this time of year and Asda is cheap - if you wait until the week before school is back, most of it is gone. My exciting life!

4 comments:

Doreen K. said...

Ooooh...I love these. Looks tedious.

Unknown said...

I agree with you about the school uniform - why is it all gone by the middle of August? One of life's little mysteries I guess

Vicki W said...

I love the snails trail block! I was in Target this week and saw school stuff out. I was shocked!

Sherry said...

oh! oh! oh! just tonight my babydoll 5yo and I were browsing quilt blocks in a book. She was guessing the names...like bear claw. Matching designs with her newly acquired reading skills she's using the first letter to come up with the answer. And Snails' Trails? She guessed it in nanoseconds. So impressive...and here you are!