Saturday, September 08, 2007

A pair (one is spare!)

Today has pretty much been one of those non-stop days - farmers' market, sports discount shop for trainers for Liv (which they didn't have (though she is a particularly particular child)) and a larger size tennis racket for Sarah (which they also didn't have), tennis lesson for Sarah, home to unpack stuff from market, back to collect from tennis (& show DH where it is so he can take & collect next weekend when I am away!!) , petrol in car, lunch, model train exhibition for Alex, and so on.

But thanks to automatically waking by 7.30, even on weekends, I did get nearly an hour to sew this morning (and I confess, another half hour after lunch before the trains) and therefore, not only put the borders on the baby quilt from yesterday (see below) but managed to turn this pile of pairs of carefree nine-patches (from a swap a while back) into most of a top (also see below). The blocks aren't completely sewn together - but they are in fours and sixes, so it won't take long. And thanks to this project, I have worked out what my next giveaway (tune in Monday) will be - you'll like it, I promise.

4 comments:

Papoosue said...

Nice quilts Kate. I'm particularly liking the 9 patch one - it might be just the thing for all those colourful 'kids' fabrics I've collected to make quilts for my two (and haven't). Hmm I'm thinking it would be really good for Adam's quilt. Is it an actual pattern or do you just make it up as you go?

Anonymous said...

Verra nice and verra productive! I am heading into my sewing room to do some quilt blocks for some projects and BOMs that I am participating in.

Peggy

Cathi said...

Geesh Katy, when did you learn how to morph time? You got all that done before lunchtime? I really got to learn this focus stuff!!

I did however manage to prepare two stitcheries and make a wallhanging this afternoon, though I didn't have half the errands to run that you did!

sewkalico said...

I like the circles one a lot especially now with the borders on, but I LOVE the nine-patch one even more. Both quilts are such fun. Lucky mums and babies!!!