Friday, September 07, 2007

Before and after...



So, at left is the stuff I had accumulated for the black and white (and coloured) baby quilt I mentioned yesterday. On the ironing board is the backing fabric (which I found by chance AFTER I'd accumulated everything else, if you can believe it), the black and white rail fence blocks I'd already pieced, three FQs in accent colours, a pale blue for a narrow border (I think - and maybe binding? Not sure, will have to check how much there is) and a dark blue stripe for a border. Today I added all the little quarter circle corners, and laid the little quilt out. The blocks are only 6" trimmed, so it's not big. Tomorrow, I will try to get the blocks together, and then probably do something else, rather than start adding borders. After all, I have a few more weeks before this one has to be done!



Received this postcard today, which doesn't show itself off well in the photo - this is one of the cards for the August Challenge on ArtsintheMail (which was "slash and burn") - this one is from Sue and is a burning technique. I need to get mine in the post - maybe tomorrow or more likely, Monday. Go see it on her blog, if you are interested, the lighting is better over there in that photo...

4 comments:

sewkalico said...

That's a cute quilt! The circle corners are a great touch and it works amazingly well with the backing fabric. Now you also need to make a 'spare' too :O)

Anonymous said...

I like the quilt, very contemporary and perfect for a baby...black and white is apparently good for their eyes :). Have you finished the quilt that you were making for your mom? The cat quilt with the neat tails in the corners?

Wil said...

Lovely baby quilt Kate. Especially with those half circles.

Cathie said...

Cute quilt Kate! I think these are really cool colors for a baby quilt. I, too, did a rail fence in a black, white and red (it's on my blog)to carry around in our saddle bag on our Harley trips. It came out cute! Rail fence is such a fun (and easy pattern) and you added the little circles which really make it pop. Love it!