Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kookie bird!



Well, a very welcome day for post today - I got these two gorgeous oriental lantern blocks from Sue, along with two great tonal FQs (I love tonal fabrics) and a pattern for a funky bag which uses screening - must try that out some time. And - yippee! - I got my Kookie Bird from Annie in Australia - when I didn't win the draw on her blog, we agreed to swap instead - I got this lovely birdie and she got one of my beaded circle postcards (which I have heard since, made it safely to Australia, all beads intact. I shall stop panicking now about the strength of beadwork on my cards. Maybe.)



And of course, there were postcards. The one on the left, on which the metallic gold doesn't really show very well, is from Marlene on EuroSwap and is part of that open theme swap. The one on the right is a spring card from Debbie, on FAI. Both nice additions to my ever growing card addiction (I mean, collection...)

And finally, I did actually do a little work, though it wasn't very exciting - I have a commission from a customer of Lana's to finish off a single wedding ring quilt that she is unable to complete (this is the same customer I put borders on two quilts for a while back). Sadly, the customer has Motor Neurone Disease and simply can't sew herself anymore. So I am finishing off (and actually, she had barely started) this quilt top for her and then Lana will quilt it. So anyway, today I made nine-patches to start the quilt - not the most exciting work or fabric but as I am getting paid for this, I shouldn't complain!
I did also do some stuff for myself - I finished sewing the angelina fish onto the Under the Sea postcards, as well as adding some more "seaweed". Next step is to add some beads - that's a task to do while watching telly, so I should have some done tonight. They are looking pretty good, if I do say so myself... Photo to come again when some beads have been added.

3 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Hi Kate, thanks for commenting on my blog. I don't remember if you've commented before either. I already have your blog in my bloglines list, but feel I've just added it in the near past. Have a great day!

Teodo said...

Very nice all this little works.
thanks.
ciao ciao

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Kate

So glad KB has reached you and is resting her wings amongst all that creativity that is landing on your doormat *!*