Saturday, May 26, 2007

Card for Trade...


Finished my trees cards today - some simple quilting and edging, and they are all off in the post now. I also went ahead and finished the mud hills card which I decided wasn't the right design for the swap. But as so many people said they liked it anyway, I decided to finish it off and offer it up on my blog - so, if you'd like it, I will swap you for a fabric postcard of your choosing (any theme, I'm a bit of a postcard slut, as you have no doubt realised by now) or some sort of similar small piece of work if you don't do postcards. I don't technically collect ATCs or inchies, but I am willing to receive them - or whatever. First come first serve, I'm afraid - but I'm sure there will be more in future. In fact, I'm thinking of doing a page of "cards I have available for swapping" at some point in the not-to-distant future.

Below are the finished tree cards together - and one random one shown closer up. I'm really pleased with them - it's nice when things come out how you imagine they will, isn't it!





I also did some work on the Flying Geese cards for "G is for..." - quilted them a bit. I think I'm going to add a few beads as well (beading the geese - like gilding the lily?). Just a few. No picture of that today, though. And I worked on quilting the postcard display wallhanging, decided I didn't like the quilting, and am now unquilting it. Luckily, I hadn't got too far. I'm going back to my very first idea, which was to quilt around the inside edges of the white spaces and leave the sashing empty. Maybe some buttons or something in the hand-dyed squares rows. And I spent some time supervising Olivia quilting her quilt - she's nearly done with the cross-hatching, so we'll get a photo up the next time she works on it.

And some post today - two cards - another one from the Under the Sea swap (thanks Mandy) and the first from the Trees swap (thanks Anne). Be sure to go check out Anne's other trees - it's a great set of cards.

No comments: