Friday, September 01, 2006

Ostrich Plan


Might not get any sewing done today, but I do have a plan for my Ostrich - this is a round robin style challenge except that it doesn't "fly" (i.e. move from person to person), hence the Ostrich - even though we only received the instructions today. I did a row quilt this year, intended to be a wallhanging, and have done one narrow strip each month according to that month's theme - curves, paper-piecing, quarter-square triangles, stars, nine patches or square. The one strip that doesn't look like any of those things is the starting strip. This month's theme (this is the last month) is "flying", to be interpreted how we like and I know just what I want to do - a narrow, curved row of flying geese, mostly red with maybe one or two white ones, on a black background, on the right hand side of the piece. I think it will look fantastic. Must draft it out on paper...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Kate - I gulped when I read 'Flying' - I've only just posted my photos tonight and hadn't heard from Sally yet - now I'm wishing I wasn't going to! - Your idea sounds lovely and will fit well - I really don't fancy doing flying geese for my last round but can't think of anything else that might fit the category - well that'll be a brainteaser for sure as I'm loath to put my head in the sand for the last month :o)