Friday, September 08, 2006

bits and pieces...

are what's all over the upstairs hallway, aka ironing station. This is because my helper (only a few more days until my smallest helper is also in school) wanted to glue small bits of fabric from the bin onto paper. At least it kept him busy while I tried to actually sew. Today I did some batik log cabin corner thingies for a swap on Quilt Shoppe Forum, as well as some more of the nine-patches and four-patches I was doing yesterday.

Tomorrow I won't be doing any quilting, but I will be spending the day in quilt-related pursuits, as I am going to the QGBI (Quilters' Guild of the British Isles) Region 2 Annual Show, at Hever Castle in Kent. It's a nice, fairly small show, but because it's in the Castle grounds, it's a lovely outing, when the weather is nice. The kids love going because there's an adventure playground and a water maze, so we're having a family day out. Unlike Festival of Quilts and so on, you can actually see ALL the quilts, several times each, and actually look at them. My virtual quilt group is having a small showing of quilts we made for a black and white challenge this year - one of our members was one of the originators of the show, so she still has ties to it and is able to arrange things like us having our quilts hung together... The only requirements were that the quilt be within a certain size limit (so they'd all hang together easily) and contain a certain percentage black and white (can't remember what, but it wasn't a huge amount). I did mine with curved pieces of hand-dyed fabrics and a collection of black and white prints I'd had for a while. It's not quilted, but rather, fastened using "o" shaped beads in a dark metallic grey.

No comments: