Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stash shopping...


No, I haven't been shopping in a fabric store, but I did have a chance to go through all the fabric my mother has accumulated in a number of years of buying-fabric-with-the-intent-of-maybe-someday-doing-something-with-it-but-not-actually-doing-anything-with-it and pick out bits that I might like to have. I'm not sure I will take all this fabric home with me, but I will certainly take some of it, and perhaps leave the rest for her to bring along on a future trip to my house.  I probably won't need to buy any more fabric at all (though actually, I know I could use some white-on-white prints, so I might still buy a few of those).  Free fabric -what could be more fun? And of course, that means I can buy more scrapbooking and ATC notions, with all that money I haven't spent on fabric!

(There's a big stack I didn't want, as well, which I will send at least some of on to my friend Sarah, who has a quilt ministry.  We'll buy a flat-rate box and see how much we can stuff in! And my mom can take it as a tax deduction as it's a charitable donation!)

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sounds perfect to me!

sewkalico said...

Nothing better than free fabric!!

Sarah Craig said...

Thanks again for thinking of us!!

Lynne said...

Sounds good to me!