Thursday, February 14, 2013

Goodies in the post


Now I know you guys all read blogs and many of you blog yourselves, so you don't need reminding that there's a whole lot of lovely out there in blogland, but it never hurts to share an example or two...  So I will. A while back, Angelina mentioned on her blog that she'd made a number of pencil cases for friends of her sons, using Dr Who fabric and blue mesh. I commented on them, saying something about that fact that my own 10YO Dr Who fan would love these, so I was sure the friends would too. And being the lovely person she is, she offered to make one of Alex and send it along, as she had enough fabric for another one.  Isn't that cool?  And I was right - he does love it.  It's now filled with pencils & pencils, and his favourite pencil sharpener (shaped like a battleship).  Maybe I should try to find him one shaped like a Tardis - I bet they have them!


She also included this woven heart - I can remember making them from foil paper in primary school (in fact, my mom may still have one in her Christmas decorations) and recently ran across a tutorial on someone's blog and thought I must make some more - so this was a nice case of serendipity. This one is fabric, of course, but that doesn't stop it being lovely!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What lovely gifts!