Sunday, February 10, 2013

A little quilting


I spent a good chunk of time this weekend sewing - even managed to do a little quilting during the time - not at lot at once as it can be a bit hard on the wrists.  This little house quilt is a wedding present for a friend and colleague of Geoff's; I am quilting it in a variety of ways and colours a little at a time - it's not the sort of piece for an allover pattern anyway. 


I'm using various kinds of meanders - a square one,


a swirly one


one which echoes the shapes in the fabric


and a regular meander (doesn't show much here).  There will be more - and the houses and roofs will be quilted, too, though not the windows and doors.  And then, I will have to think of something to do in the grass and sky. Time for that later, though!

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely neighbourhood! ;-)

Needled Mom said...

I always enjoy a meandering quilting. I can relax and enjoy doing that.

Lyndsey said...

You've got the making of a village there. Nice houses and I like the quilting.