Monday, February 18, 2013

Crumbs with black


As it was the first day of holiday, I am still getting into relax mode and didn't want anything too taxing to do, so I decided to continue using up crumb blocks - these I cut at 5" and then bordered with bits of black fabric which were lurking in my black box. Not only is this good for getting rid of crumbs, but it's very good for using small bits of other fabrics which aren't so practical for some projects (though as my favourite look is semi-scrappy, I can usually make do).  I haven't sewn these into a top - there are 30 blocks - but that will come with time.  Tomorrow, perhaps some more crumbs, bordered in different colours - might try doing them in a variety of different fabrics, but the border all the way around each block the same. Who knows what I will do when I run out of crumbs!

3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I like the blacks!!! Have fun with the sewing.

sewkalico said...

I like these even more!

Lynne said...

The black really sets the other colours off!