Saturday, October 08, 2011

October Block Lotto...


The block lotto for October asks for "quilter's choice" blocks, to finish at 8", in blues and creams (with tans and/or browns as optional). I made a couple today, although as it happens, only one of these will actually work - the star above. The below block is one of those annoying blocks which wants you to stitch a scant 1/4" seam the whole way through. I should have known I'd not be able to make it be whatever size that's supposed to be, and yes, it's almost a 1/4" too big all around, so it won't be going for the block lotto, just going on the surplus block pile to go to a good home someday. And I'll pick something easier for the lotto!


1 comment:

Lynne said...

The second block looks very complex - I'd have to work on my straight stitching skills first!