Sunday, March 20, 2011

Not easy being green...



Here are four of the finished 12" green scrappy blocks - in this photo, the greens look quite brown - this is partly because they happen to be fairly brown greens, but it's also a trick of the light...



Here are some in progress on my chair...



...and sewing table...



...and cutting table.



And here's what was left of the stack of strips once enough for 20 blocks had been cut - this is quite impressive as none of the strips left are long/wide enough to even get a 1.5"x18" strip from, which is one of the smallest requirements (other than the 1.5x3.5" centres for some of the blocks - those, I could have made a few more of...)

What doesn't show is that I also dug into my stash of smallish bits of green (these range from about 10" square up to larger than a FQ but smaller than 1/2 metre) and managed to use up quite a few of the smaller pieces in that box. Which is great. Of course, I still have to finish assembling the 20, 12" squares, but I think I'm going to be very pleased with the result!

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those look fabulous. It is going to be a wonderful piece.

mumzy said...

Green is my favorite color so I love these pieces.

Plum Cox said...

Wow! Lovely piecing! It's going to look amazing!

Kathy said...

You will be very tired of green by the time this quilt is finished! It does look lovely. I'm rather fond on green, myself, as anyone who enters my house can tell.

KathyB said...

I like the green plan. I can't believe how much you can finish in a week! ... and post it too! Well, I have the answer to your very small scraps left over. See what I'm doing with them @ my website. Really fun! http://kbartdesigns.com

Sarah Craig said...

I love green - and can't wait to see how this one comes out!!! Beautiful so far!!

Mom said...

I just finished quilting this quilt for Julie! Gotta love the greens!