Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh my stars...



One thing I did today was to complete the February installment of the Oh My Stars BOM - those of you who have been following along will know I'm using my relatively small stash of Christmas fabrics for this project, as I have no Christmas quilt larger than about 18" square in the house (except the tree skirt). Considering this was only two 12" blocks, a lot of scraps were generated, but that's because I took the opportunity to straighten out the drawer in which I keep my Christmas fabrics, including removing the contents of a small bag of Christmas (and a few co-ordinating, non-Christmas) scraps and adding them to the general scrap basket.

Here's the Christmas stash all neat and tidy:



I think I may move it elsewhere - for instance the basket which was made empty when I cleared out the batik scraps - as it's actually not a lot of material. (And very low on reds, which is presenting a minor problem in this project - problem is, I don't really like most red Christmas fabrics!) I could then put something else in this drawer - perhaps my collection of Japanese taupes and taupe-like fabrics, which is outgrowing its current home...

3 comments:

floribunda said...

Cute snowmen! I've printed out this month's instructions but I need to work on my red scraps first!

Angela said...

I love how you are so organised, my fabrics - and pretty much everything else - are just all over the place!! I'll have to take a leaf out of your book one day soon and get organised!! :)

McIrish Annie said...

finding a place to put fabric is always a problem.