Monday, February 07, 2011

ALQS5



Well, now that all the entries have come in and all the preferences lists have been created, I can go ahead and show the quilts I made for the A4 (piece of paper) size round of the ALQS - this is the first of them. It started as a pieced batik scrap - quite large - which I found while clearing out the batik scrap basket - several long strips of batik pieced together along the long edge. No idea what it was from, but it was dying to be cut up and sewn back together with some black. It came out ok, I think, though I think I like the other quilt I made for this swap (which I will show later this week) better...

2 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

I like this one, Kate! And I particularly like the quilting you did with the variegated thread....

Needled Mom said...

I love the fabrics and the quilting! Beautiful work!