Saturday, December 19, 2009

Quilting content..



Yes, it's been a while since there was any. One of the disadvantages to working more in school is having less time to sew and quilt, but then, that's how it goes... Today, though, I took myself off upstairs so that some secret Christmas activity involving sellotape and scissors could take place, and while that was happening, quilted up this baby quilt for a colleague of Geoff's who will be going on maternity leave in January. For once, I have known about this for months, just not had time to do anything about it! I also attached the binding (scrappy) but have not yet sewn it down, as you can tell. The quilting pattern is also scrappy - I did a number of different things on it, as the mood took them - they are in bands across the quilt (diagonally) - swirls, meandering, pebbles, a rectangular meander, clamshells, etc. It's been so long since I quilted anything that it felt really strange!



I also got this lovely parcel in the post today from a member of my ATC birthday swap - I got an ATC of course, but also a couple of feedsacks and a big selection of country plaids & similar fabrics. Will have to plan something to do with those as they go together so well it would be a shame to separate them!

5 comments:

black bear cabin said...

the quilting felt strange?....uh oh...better get back in the sewing room again, and soon! :)
the quilt looks cute...im sure the new parents will love it!

Gene Black said...

Kate, I love the quilt AND the quilting on it.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Great quilt...I bet it will be well loved!

mumzy said...

What a lovely way to use up one's scraps. It made up into a beautiful quilt. Nice parcels you received.

sewkalico said...

Fabulous quilt!!