Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Been tagged...

OK, well, I've been tagged by Carina for the 7 things people probably didn't know about you meme. I can't imagine anyone out there hasn't seen this at least once, but as memes go, I quite like it - it's fun to see semi-obscure things about people. Harder to think of them, of course. Don't know who I'll tag, seems like most people have already been tagged, but more on that later...

Here goes:

1. Some people probably know this already - but although I live in the UK and have done for nearly 15 years, I am actually American & grew up outside Washington DC. Although I was born in Germany.

2. I can't draw - at all. Seriously, I'm terrible. My four year old is almost as good as me. People often assume because I am creative in lots of other ways that I can draw, but I'm rubbish. I can't knit either. The difference there is that knitting is something I'd quite like to be able to do (but not enough to practice the amount it would take to get better) but I'm not bothered about drawing, especially now that we have digital cameras and don't have to rely on sketches.

3. I enjoy washing dishes. Partly this is the therapeutic nature of the action itself, partly it's the result of seeing them clean at the end. When I was in highschool and college, towards the end of a party, I would often end up in the kitchen washing dishes (sometimes this was a sheer escape from the emotional nature of the end of parties, especially at New Year's, etc).

4. I can juggle. OK, only three things, but I did get reasonably good at it in university (where many thrilling talents develop!) and it's still impressive enough to entertain the kiddies. I learned at an extremely boring New Year's Party when I was about 17.

5. I am quite possibly the least picky eater I know of. I like everything except bananas and marmite. Obviously, there are things I like better than others, but on the whole, I like most things. I haven't tried all the exotic things in the world, but I've done fairly well for a Westerner. Basically, if it's cooked decently, I'm usually pretty happy to eat it, which is no doubt part of why...

6. ...I used to weigh about 3.5 stone more than I do now (not counting when I was pregnant) - that's about 50lbs or 22kilos in other units.

7. When I was younger, I used to have a real fear (not quite a phobia, but a very strong dislike) of escalators. Particularly those in shops where both sides are lined with mirrors. Grew out of it as an adult, but I can still remember the feeling...

Now, who to tag? Hmmm...

OK - Cathi, Karol Ann, Alice, Annie, Anne, Sophie, and Cobi. But only if you want to be tagged!

4 comments:

sewkalico said...

I'll have to think about this one. Not sure there are 7 things that no-one knows about me...I'm such a big-mouth at the best of times.
Must say, I'm impressed about the juggling!

Carina said...

Ah, I think I knew you were another alien here in the UK. ;-) Or maybe it was someone else...
I can totally relate to the escalators thing; only I don't mind the mirrored kind, cause that means they are closed in, no, I really don't like the floating-in-mid-air type. Yikes!

Thanks for playing!

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Kate ........ just spotted my name at the end of your 7 things! I love to wash up to, with the radio on and gaze out the kitchen window - I think I got it from my Dad - it was his time to think and listen after the evening meal. Will think of my 7 things and play along too *!*

sophie said...

I'm late in responding to your tag, but I do appreciate the nudge to get back to blogging.