Saturday, July 06, 2013

More Quilts I own...


A while ago, I showed some of the quilts I have in my house - the ones which live mainly downstairs. Here are some of the ones which live upstairs...  The first one is from a birthday-style block swap years ago - I asked for houses or buildings and got lots of wonderful pieces with tons of detail and embellishments. I quilted the quilt in the QAYG (quilt as you go) style so I could go carefully around the detail in each block.  This quilt isn't  out often, as it's more of a show quilt than a use quilt, but I do love it!


This bargello has fantastic fish print border which I love - for once, I chose the border print first and added the central part later. Only problem is, it's the wrong way round for a bed...



This quilt is another one which is the result of a group effort - not a swap this time, but a postal quilting bee where you add a block to what gets sent to you in the post (you send a starter). There are a couple of slightly odd fabric choices in this quilt, but on the whole, I'm very happy with it. It's not big enough for my bed, though, so it doesn't spend a lot of time out of the cupboard.


This is an old quilt (oldish, anyway) which I made myself (though it was longarm quilted) - it appears on the bed sometimes in the autumn - not really the right sort of mood for this time of year.


Another autumnal quilt - this one again, the result of a swap of autumn themed blocks.  


This one was the result of a swap challenge - we swapped "ugly" fabrics and then had to use them in a quilt, though we could add some solids, I think - it was a long time ago and I don't rightly remember the rules very well. Whatever they were, I was pleased with the resulting quilt and it often hangs out on my bed. 


And this is my default bed quilt - it's usually the one that is one top, as it's my favourite, and it's the biggest, so it's harder for my husband to pull it off at night and leave me freezing (admittedly, not such an issue right at the moment). 

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

It's lovely to be able to change your bed decor as you please - I have a few that get rotated on our bed and I love seeing them in use! Your quilts are great.