Thursday, July 25, 2013

ATC backgrounds


I've got some more starters ready to send on their way in my ATC round robin group. It can be challenging sometimes to work out what to put on a starter - you don't want to make it too busy because two other people need to add to it, but on the other hand, you want something more interesting than just a piece of paper. I started each of these sets by grabbing a piece of paper or card, cutting it to size and then adding one or two things. The blue polka-dot paper got a strip of coppery corrugated card and an old bus ticket. 


The background paper here was from the inside of a Crabtree & Evelyn gift bag. I've added some foreign text, can't remember what language off the top of my head - I'm sure you can tell if you enlarge the cards. 


This rather plain blue went nicely with these letters - I've added a tag for interest. I have a huge handful of these tags and really need to use them more!


This is quite a thick burgundy card - the contrast strip is from a greeting card of (I think) a Gee's Bend quilt. 


This is a shiny, shimmery white card (doesn't photograph well) with strips of black and white musical notation paper (the paper is black on one side and white on the reverse).


And finally, a gold card with a piece of gold-accented fabricy paper and a gold dragonfly charm.  Someday, I may get them back and I'll share the finished cards with you!

2 comments:

ruthsplace said...

I love the Crabtree and Evelyn cards, and the music ones. Very cool.

Wil said...

The language is Dutch