Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fundraising/Raffle


A few years ago, you may recall that I ran (walked) the Race for Life with a group of colleagues from work. My girls are both very interested in doing this walk as well (5K) and though we didn't get ourselves organised to do it last year, we managed to sort it out in time for this year, so Olivia, Sarah and I are all walking the fundraising walk in the end of June. Obviously, we'd like to raise some funds!  So, I have created a fundraising page and of course it goes without saying that this is a worthy cause (raises money for cancer research), and I would be very grateful to anyone who felt compelled to give, even if only a few pounds (or dollars, or whatever - you can give in any currency). 

However, as before, I have decided that as a further incentive (perhaps) to donating, I will  have a little giveaway to go with the fundraising. This top (above), which isn't quite finished yet, is a Christmassy (or at least wintery), paper-pieced scene and I'm going to quilt and finish it and offer it as a prize, to someone who has donated to my fundraising efforts - it will work kind of like a raffle. Virtual raffle tickets will cost £5; for each £5 you donate, you will get one chance in the draw for this little quilt (I think it's about 12"x18"). I promise to have it finished and sent to the winner by the end of July (the Race for Life date is end of June).  You are of course also welcome to give without being enterred in the draw, if you don't want this piece!


Please feel free to spread the word - I will gladly enter anyone at all into the draw, whether they are regular readers here or not, and if anyone is unable to give online through the Just Giving page, I am also happy to take cash or cheques in pounds or US dollars (ask me about a cheque in dollars - we can work it through my mother, who lives in the US) or cash in euros. Most people these days, I think, can probably give online, but just in case, I don't want anyone to feel left out. 

2 comments:

Lynne said...

It is a lovely incentive -- definitely Christmas rather than winter in this part of the world!

Marei said...

Kate I'm am apparently mentally challenged today as I can not find your fundraising page/link/etc. Please point me in the right direction so I can make a donation. Thanks, Marei