Saturday, April 06, 2013

Bright Birdie


This month, the block lotto is making bright birds against a blue background. I love this block, and it was surprisingly easy to put together - someone - I think the Lotto's hostess, the awesome Sophie - said that it actually takes longer to find and cut the fabric for the blocks than to stitch them, and that's sure true.  I only made one today because I was finishing the quilting on the Amish Table Runner (and attaching binding to it, as it needs to go to Germany on Thursday) but I will make more. Whether I will make more for the lotto itself will depend on my stash of light blue fabrics, which doesn't seem nearly as big as it used to be - this is a good thing, mind you!  Anyway, if you want to join in the bird fest, the instructions are here...

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I love your bird block and it is really odd that you have posted it as I was just about to start searching for a bird block for a project. As a result I now have time to do a bit of sewing.

Needled Mom said...

That looks wonderful!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

So cute!

Sue Wild said...

That birdie is really sweet. I've popped over to the Block Lotto link to have a look. Might be sewing one or two of these...

Sarah said...

What a cute birdie. Makes me want to go and sew one or two!