Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bits and pieces (for lack of a better title)



Two more placemats - one which I started the other day, but didn't get finished, as the design takes a bit longer than some - that's the one on the right, which I like very much, but don't think that I would use it on a large piece as it would be very time consuming. Nice on something small, though. The piece on the left was fairly simple - lightning style zigzags. Both of these patterns are from Dijanne Cevaal's book 72 ways not to stipple or meander. Some detail below to give you a better idea what the patterns look like.




And a couple more things to show - another quilt I have finished binding - this one is going to go into general living room usage, which means it will get used as a tent and a beach and so on. I have an older knit type blanket (bought, not made) which is beginning to get very ravelly and snagged, so that might go... And on the right, a top made from 9 blocks from a swap I did a while back - I have three pregnant friends at the moment, who in due course will need baby quilts, so I thought I'd get a couple more tops ready. This top went together very quickly, but then it was only 9 blocks to put together. I'll quilt this at some point in the near future, but not sure what pattern yet.

5 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I like the chinese coins...very effective!

Anonymous said...

Your quilting is amazing!

Joyce said...

You have been super productive as usual. I love the coins. Must make one of those soon.

Nikki said...

I love all the bright colors. Its amazing all the fun things a quilt can turn into. We just need to develop a system so the tent doesn't fall down.

Julie said...

Lovely fabrics in all this work Kate.