Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter...

Not much going on here, Easter-wise as we are not a religious family. The secular Easter bunny made a wee stop at the house to leave some chocolate eggs and a DVD (Happy Feet) - I consider the whole Easter Egg market in the UK to be a bit of a waste & marketing gimmick , and the Easter Bunny knows how I feel about this, and leaves presents accordingly... I do, however, allow my children to choose an Easter Egg or something each when we go grocery shopping the week after Easter and everything is on 50 - 70 per cent off sale. :)

Anyway. Spent some time this morning working on these, another set of postcards, to the theme purple. There are actually only two of us signed up for the swap, but for an idea like this, I always make a few extra anyway - I can either try to sell them in my etsy shop or use them as birthday cards, etc. Anyway, these need one more purple shape sewed down, then I will embellish purple with some purple metallic thread I have and maybe some microfine glitter (assuming I have any purple) or transfoil (ditto) or both. Failing that, beads, but I've done a lot of things with beads lately (like all the circles - four more coming soon- blue this time) so I thought I'd go for something different.

Someone (and I wish I could remember who - I really must write these things down, sigh) posted a photo of her bulletin board, inspired by someone else who had done so, and so on. So I remembered to take a photo of mine and post it, but darned if I can remember who started it, so I could like to her blog. Anyway. Here's my bulletin board in my sewing room, for what it's worth - you can just about see that there's a bulletin board under there somewhere, but it's so covered with little bits and pieces you can barely see the board. But that's the point of having the board - to have a place to put all those little inspirations and whatnot that you don't really want to throw away, but don't really have anything else to do with.

And finally, here are some blocks from a swap I did a while ago - I decided that I would put a mock sashing between them, with two inch squares of black fabrics - this test bit isn't quite right - a few of the black fabrics are too light, and I think I'm going to have to go through all the 4x4 blocks I have and remove the blacks from them before I join them up in this manner. But that's ok - I'm looking on this as a long term project. But of course I don't have anywhere near enough black scraps, so I'm going to have to go begging for scraps. In fact, I'll start here - if anyone has any small black scraps they can spare (I'll happily swap you for something else), please leave me a comment! You'd be doing me a big favour. They don't have to be 2.5" squares, but that would be the minimum size I'd need - larger scraps welcome.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Sorry, I use my black as fast as I buy it. I really like the idea of using black squares to make a sashing. Inspired.

Mamma C said...

I have some black scraps. I'd gladly trade for any fabrics I could use in story quilt (basically, they'd have to have recognizable objects that would fit into a kid's story somehow). I need them to be a minimum of 3 1/2".

You can see my blog at http://www.queenoframbles.com/blog if you want to learn more about me before enterting into an exchange.