Sunday, April 01, 2007

Anyone for some scrap swapping?

This is a set of 50 3 inch squares. For some time now, I have carefully been cutting my scraps into various size squares and strips, and I recently realised that although I use some of the sizes (2.5" squares, 5" squares, most strips) there are lots of sizes I don't really use. So to turn these into useful fabric, I am offering a swap.

According to the powers that know these things, you can cut 42 3" squares from a fat quarter of fabric. So I have made up 10 sets of 50 3" squares, and am offering to swap one to anyone who wants one, for a fat quarter of your choice. I have tried to make sure all 50 of the squares are different, but it's possible I've duplicated one or two here and there. This photo is just one sample, the sets are all different, but as you can see, I have a pretty wide range of scraps, so there's lots of variety. Anyone trying to make scrap quilts might find this quite useful!

If you are interested, leave a comment on my blog and I'll get back to you. All I ask in return is one fat quarter per pack of 50 squares - I will post anywhere in the world, I'm not fussy. And I'm quite happy to have just about anything in return, though I prefer things like tonals, autumn colours, geometrics, small prints, black and white, civil war or batiks to things like novelties, flannel and large florals. Any takers?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate - if you're not overwhelmed with takers sign me up for three lots - I'll happily send you three fat quarters - if you're mown out with requests I'll settle for one - email me on thebebbs@hotmail.com with all details etc and we can take it from there

Bimbimbie said...

Hi Kate

would love to be included in your swap too.

Annie