Saturday, November 22, 2014

Blocks with Black


Still (always) working my way through the basket of block sets which want to be assembled into tops. I go through periods where I am really good about thinning them down, but then I get tempted into making tons more blocks, and I'm back where I started.  Not that it really matters, except to me!  Anyway, here is a top from some blocks I made a while back to use up small pieces of hand-dyed fabrics.  There were more blocks, so there will be another, smaller top at some point.  This one is fairly good size as the blocks were (I think) 10" blocks. Not sure if it will get a border or not - probably not, but I haven't decided for sure yet.

3 comments:

Sharon W. said...

Always ready to weigh in with my opinion! I suggest a "narrow" border of black (3"?) and a multicolor binding that reflects the colored strips.

Vicki W said...

Oh I like these! I might have to make some of these. BTW, can you recommend any machine quilters near London? My friend is working on her quilt top here but will need to get it quilted there.She lives in Southend (which I call the New Jersey of England bases on the things she tells me).

Needled Mom said...

LOVE the black in those blocks. It is so dramatic.