Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Tula Pink no 5: Good to Go


Here's a finished, bordered top, made from some Tula Pink blocks (number 5). I don't think these blocks have quite enough contrast, but it's a sweet top anyway; I'll just have to keep trying with the Tula Pink blocks to get my fabric choices really suitable...  What a hardship!


I auditioned a number of border fabrics for this top:


the spotty one with all the colours in the top, plus brown; 


a bright green an blue print with butterflies (which I decided was just a bit too bright in the end); 


and this light green batik print. 


Then I narrowed it down to the two possibilities, and included an extra corner square just to check out how that worked. As you can tell from the top of the post, I went with the brown one!  The other one just seemed a bit too washed out.

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

I think it's a lovely soft quilt. Perfect for a new baby, boy or girl.