Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mellow yellow


June's actual colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is yellow (not the neutral I thought it was on June 1st, when I just had a quick peek at the background colour on the blog). I don't have an excessive amount of yellow, but still, I could do something with it, so I pulled out a piece of focus fabric which contained yellow, and some other things to go with it (and of course, some yellow!).


Here's what I chose to use...


and here's what was left to go back to stash after I cut out all the pieces needed for the double four patches.  Not a lot to stash, and some pieces to the scrap basket and strippy bag.

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a lovely collection of colors. The yellow is a happy addition to your quilt.

LA Paylor said...

That is so effective! I also like the state of the scrap basket!! So funny. You know of course, we will never use up all our fabric, but we will have fun trying.
LeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com

sophie said...

The mellow yellows really bring sunshine into those blocks.

Julie in GA said...

I love that checked fabric that you used to pull your other colors--in fact, I have used that fabric myself! Great looking blocks!

Needled Mom said...

The colors work so well together. I like that dbl. four patch block when it all comes together.

Sheila said...

Looking good! Love your fabrics and blocks.