Because I've been good lately, finishing required projects like a backing for the batik quilt commission and the bags for end of school, and because I've been putting together more of my scraps blocks into tops, I let myself have a break from all that on Sunday and made a quilt using "real" fabric - i.e. not scraps or block sets which want using. This is made largely from what's left of a layer cake, which I used in another project a while back. I supplemented it with a few more greens and blacks, but on the whole, used the remains of the layer cake - and now, the cake is pretty much gone. Which means that, even though I didn't set out to do so, I've been very successful in using up difficult pieces from my stash.