Sunday, April 15, 2012

More actual quilting


Here's the second of the two baby quilts I quilted this weekend - for this one, I used a denser quilting pattern - essentially a medium meander with some suns thrown in. These fabrics are all hand-dyes, so some are a little thicker than commerical fabrics and there are quite a few seams, so it helps to have a little denser quilting than in yesterday's piece. 

Actually, I quilted them both yesterday, as it happens. Today's sewing time was spent partly in doing some mending (boring) and partly in seaming together some quilt backings (even more boring than mending).  After about 4 backings, I was losing the will to live, so I stopped, but I'm getting there - I'd like to have all the quilts I have backings for (which isn't all the tops I own, I admit), have their backs ready to be quilted up at the drop of a hat. So to speak.  Not that I will necessarily do so, but if you get in the mood to quilt, the last thing you want to do is have to be piecing backing!


4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

This quilt is fab! I know what you mean about making backings...it's almost as bad as making and ironing binding ;o)

Unknown said...

Love those hand dyes all playing beautifully together

ruthsplace said...

It's beautiful. Love the quilting too.

Lynne said...

Wow! That is such a different quilt to the previous one - I love the colours. I would be happy to have either one.