Sunday, April 22, 2012

Batik quilt, steps 2 & 3


The next thing I did to the batik commission quilt was to add a purpley red border, about an inch wide, then another border made of wonky four patch blocks. I'm very happy with it so far. Next step is to introduce some new colours - I want to get some brown into it - I have a very nice warm brown or two. So I'll do that by using a kind of dark neutral batik I have which has a purple tinge and some orangey brown streaks in it. Hard to describe, but I think it's going to work nicely. That will have to wait for next weekend, though.


4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty!

Sarah Craig said...

Gorgeous, Kate! I particularly love that wonky 4-patch border - what a great way to use those blocks!

Sarah said...

This looks great! I really love the subtle colours with the bold boarder separating them. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves.

Angela said...

I really love how this is coming together