Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Irish Chain


There won't be much sewing today, as we are off up to town shortly to meet up with my brother in law, who is coming down from Leicester. But here's another Linus baby quilt top, this one made using a few (but only a few!) of the 2" squares I have been cutting from my scraps. The background fabric is actually pale blue, and is a leftover from a really wide piece I had for backing a blue and white quilt.  Of course, I have cut over 3000 squares and this little top used fewer than 100, so it's not a brilliant solution for using up those squares...

4 comments:

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

I think it looks great!
JoAnn

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Kate! Take a look at this quilt for another idea to use up those 2" squares:

http://pinterest.com/pin/111604896985915709/

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks lovely...at this rate you could make 30 of them! Have fun with your family visit :o)

Cindy Is Crafty said...

100 down and 2900 more to go! :O)