Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another scrappy top


Another small quilt top from my productive week - this one started out with 6" squares, which I sliced randomly to make wonky four patches (stack one colour, one neutral, both RS up, slice once. Swap out the pairs and sew, then stack again and slice again and sew again - hey presto - four patch!)  Techniques like this are so quick and effective...

I should add, this is about 26x33" - Obviously, you could easily adjust the size by adding bigger or smaller borders or making more blocks to start with. I reckon this top took no longer than an hour and a half to piece - though of course, I did have the 6" squares to start with (not the background colour, but the blues and greens).

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Very cute! So this ends up about the size for a newborn?

scraphappy said...

Oh that does look fun! Glad you didn't use all your scraps up last year. They do seem to reproduce in the dark of night.

Sarah Craig said...

That's so cute, Kate! I'll have to give it a try...

Sew Create It - Jane said...

This is sew sweet and a great method for making a quick quilt...