Saturday, September 17, 2011

Green and Purple Baby Quilt


Got one of the remaining baby quilts quilted today - which leaves one more to quilt before mid October and the other not until Christmas - I'm beginning to feel less stressed about this!


I used a kind of adapted sun pattern - pointy bits with circles. I saw it in a book I have of longarm doodles and modified it a bit (i.e. when I stitched it, I didn't worry about copying exactly!)



Works well I think - here it is on the back, where you can see it much better.

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Green and purple rock! Love those colors together. The quilting is awesome and unique. Great job.

Lynne said...

As a teenager, I once wore a greem singlet top with purple trousers; my (always stylish) mother was horrified! Since then I have been reluctant to pair the two colours but that quilt is gorgeous!

Maggi said...

Lovely quilt. Sounds like you are well on top of things.

Unknown said...

IMHO you just can never go wrong with jewel box - it doesn't matter if you use a colour theme or go with scrappy it always looks wonderful and three dimensional - I love this purple and green colourway

shannon said...

great quilt and i love the quilting!

thanks for sharing!

Pat from Florida said...

Love the colors! Very unique for a baby quilt. I'd never have thought of it, but it's super.