Sunday, September 04, 2011

End of Day scrappy quilt



So, here's a small quilt top made from one of the Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt blocks, which I did the other day. A little more time and effort than many of the scrappy quilts I have been doing to de-stash, due to the angled cuts and joins, but still not difficult. Blue is still the main area that my stash of scraps and small pieces of fabrics bulges in, so I decided to grab a few slightly larger pieces and see what I could do with them. I decided to use tan fabrics with the blues, because they look nice together... This one will also go on the Project Linus pile.

11 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Very pretty, Kate! I love the angularness of it!

Penny said...

really love the design and colour of this one, sometimes I wish I knew how to quilt!!

Lynne said...

That block makes a lovely quilt and I really like the colourway you have chosen.

Plum Cox said...

Great colours and blocks! Really nice, Kate.

Clare said...

Tan and blue is a la mode! Love it.

dissertation writer said...

very beautiu) thanks a lot for sharing!

sewkalico said...

Very cool. I love the block design.

Angela said...

This looks great, what a fabulous block, and I love the colour combination

Quilter Kathy said...

I love how these blocks interact when put together...very cool design!

Ruth's Place said...

Oh, this is wonderful!

Francine said...

this is gorgeous!