Friday, October 29, 2010

Vintage Fashion

Although I have been working on quilting the Fern Leaf quilt (I've done the leaf, am now working on quilting the background - done maybe a quarter of it), I thought I'd wait and show it later when it was done, or nearly done, as otherwise, it would get a bit repetitive. Instead, here are some fabric based ATCs (I am sparing you all a lot of the paper ones, for which I think you should be thankful!) for a swap to the theme Vintage Fashion.

The images are from a bought fabric image sheet. They are mounted onto a background of gold coloured silk, which I have stitched a pattern into.

The "frame" is made from organza - I sewed down a square, then used my soldering iron to cut away the outside and inside, leaving just the bit around the stitching. The backing was sewn on at this point as well - handmade paper in a colour similar to the silk front.

Finally, a few sequins added for bling. Ta da!


Lenna Young Andrews said...

These are wonderful, Kate. scrumptous! For frieda's swap, right?? (i hope!) xo lenna

Cindy Is Crafty said...

They are really pretty, Kate!