Thursday, October 19, 2006

Box o' bits

On Tuesday, we went over to visit my friend Barbara and her husband Brian, who are both artists. Another friend of Barbara's, Sheila, also an artist, died earlier this year, and Barbara had a big huge box of old fabric, bits of vintage lace and other miscellany from her, which she'd been saving for me to go through - so now I have a nice bag full of trim and bits of old lace. I didn't take a lot of it - Sheila did these enormous "paintings" of fabric, so she could use the really big bits - that's not really how I work, at least not for arty stuff - traditional quilts, sure I'll make big - but it was great fun to tip it out on the floor and spend an hour going through it. Now I'll just have to do something with it when I get home. I have some ideas brewing, I admit.

No comments: