Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Autumn Postcards


If you are a regular reader, you will probably have seen my wall hanging for fabric postcards before. I try to change the cards in it at least a few times a year - sometimes more, if I get inspired. I do have a lot of autumnal cards, though, so Autumn is one of the themes I tend to use regularly (along with Christmas and Spring/Summer - it's the other things I don't do as much!)


So, this past weekend, I changed all the floral and sunshiny cards for some autumnal ones - here are just a few, closeup.   Love this scene of tractor at sunset - perhaps not specifically autumnal, but it feels that way to me.  Maybe it's a harvest thing?


These trees,looking up into the canopy are great, aren't they?


This one, again, isn't specifically autumnal, but it kind of feels Harvest Moon-ish to me. 


An autumn gourd. 


This leaf is in very subtle colours, with lots of different sheer fabrics.


And these little houses - this is actually one I made myself - there are a few in my hanging which I made, though the majority are traded ones...

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Lovely postcards and I love the wall hanging to display them, great idea.

Marei said...

I love it when you show your postcard hanger all filled with the wonders you have traded for & made.

Angela said...

Lovely. I have some of the same cards too. I still have your generous instructions for making a hanger somewhere i must get round to making one as my postcards are all languishing in folders rarely looked at!