Thursday, June 02, 2011

Red and white



If I do say so myself, I've been very productive over this half-term holiday - dutifully sewing blocks up into tops to get rid of my stash of blocks, and doing lots of scrap work. Here's one of the sets of blocks, made into a top - these are the blocks I won from the March block lotto - I pondered for a while what I wanted to do with them, but they kept insisting they wanted to be set on point, so in the end, that's what they got. I had to make two more blocks to fill out the setting, but they were right, I think...

This top is now quite big and will have to go in the pile of stuff waiting for me to have enough money to have it longarm quilted. But at least I can tick it off my To Do list.

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks fabulous set on point.

Lynne said...

I loved those blocks as soon as I saw them when you won them; what you have done with them makes me love them even more!

jovaliquilts said...

Happy to see my few blocks in such a happy setting! I always wonder when I send them off what will become of them. The on-point setting is great.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh so pretty! Who could resist a red and white quilt!!