Friday, October 29, 2010

Vintage Fashion



Although I have been working on quilting the Fern Leaf quilt (I've done the leaf, am now working on quilting the background - done maybe a quarter of it), I thought I'd wait and show it later when it was done, or nearly done, as otherwise, it would get a bit repetitive. Instead, here are some fabric based ATCs (I am sparing you all a lot of the paper ones, for which I think you should be thankful!) for a swap to the theme Vintage Fashion.



The images are from a bought fabric image sheet. They are mounted onto a background of gold coloured silk, which I have stitched a pattern into.


The "frame" is made from organza - I sewed down a square, then used my soldering iron to cut away the outside and inside, leaving just the bit around the stitching. The backing was sewn on at this point as well - handmade paper in a colour similar to the silk front.



Finally, a few sequins added for bling. Ta da!

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

These are wonderful, Kate. scrumptous! For frieda's swap, right?? (i hope!) xo lenna

Cindy Is Crafty said...

They are really pretty, Kate!