Sunday, October 03, 2010

Lots of sewing



That's my kind of day :) I worked on another canal house today - here are all the ones I've done to date together - there are 3 more to go (and the latest three do still need to be sewn down) and then I'm finished. I've enjoyed this project, and look forward to seeing what I will get in return in the fullness of time.



Here's a closer view of the house I worked on today - it's quite a wide one and completes the bridge in the centre of the piece. By the time I finish this set of houses, I won't have any blue hand-dyes left in my stash.

Also today, I worked on my Stay-at-home Robin - first added Round 4 to the black and batik piece - though I'm not convinced that it wouldn't look better on the right hand side of the other blocks - I am going to try unsewing it and stitching it back on the right and see if I like it better.



I also decided, finally, to go ahead and make a second piece for the Stay-at-home Robin - I had been toying with it since the beginning, but hadn't quite got around to it yet. Finally today I decided to go ahead. This one is something quite different, using Japanese taupes - we'll see how it goes.

9 comments:

rlbates said...

I love your canal houses!

Vicki W said...

Ditto! I love them too!

Dahn said...

Houses! Houses! I am so happy to see how someone else is doing them. I am loving the process, even if it has been a lot of work.

And I just added your blog to my favorites. Why didn't I do this earlier??

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your canal houses are super...I've really enjoyed seeing the progression of that project.

Kathy said...

Those canal houses are so wonderful! How can you bear to give them up?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These canal houses look so good put together like that.

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love your canal houses. They are so great!

Ruth's Place said...

The canal houses are amazing!

Thelma said...

Love your houses Kate!! They look great!