Tuesday, July 07, 2009

New (sort of) Cross Stitch UFO



So, having finished the birds, here's what's up next. Not sure why this one got put to the side - probably I didn't have a colour I needed so set it aside to work on something else and then never got back to it. But who knows. Anyway, I chose this originally because it has a quilt in it, and I chose it to work on next because it isn't TOO big and I can foresee finishing it sometime in the not-too-distant future. I do have a couple of very large samplers which I really don't want to tackle quite yet.

I worked on this tonight a bit, including some back-stitching - always amazing how much difference that can make - but anyway, that's something to show another time, like next week.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I think that a cross stitch that I did around 2000 is by the same designer. Is it Paula somebody?

mumzy said...

I really like that pattern. Of course, being a quilter myself adds to it. My daughter has cross stitched a couple of them for me which I proudly display in my home.

Yvonne Morgan said...

I think I've got that one as well! It's by Paula Vaughan. I did lots of cross stitch before quilting and have some framed in my bedroom and a box of patterns and 3 boxes of threads...if there's a thread you're out of, I've probably got one spare you can have!