Sunday, April 26, 2009

Secret sewing...

Well, okay, not secret, really, but what I did today was to make some blocks for the Block Lotto. However, as I was making blocks for the May block lotto (I had a sneak peek as I made my April Blocks before the end of the month) I can't actually show them yet, but I'm sure Sophie won't mind if I say that I did get a chance to use up some of the small bits of floral fabrics that were lurking around in my scrap basket...

If you've not ever made blocks for the lotto, you might like to come check it out - you never know, you could make a small handful of blocks and end up with enough for an entire (small) quilt!

1 comment:

sophie said...

You know, more and more, people are making quite nice-sized quilts from their lotto block winnings . . . think about Pat's Scrappy Hearts Quilt with it's pieced hearts in a disappearing 9-patch setting and, Rho's heart-in-a-snowball quilt, with it's sashings and seminole borders, also turned out to be pretty big, too . . . and didn't your Scottie quilt end up being bed-size when you were done with it? Terri's Bow Tie Quilt and Julie's Amish Houses also are both going to be pretty nice sized quilts–I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 60 x 80 inches.

It's not just about making "small" quilts anymore ;-)