Monday, March 30, 2015

Treasure!


I am doubly lucky today - not only has my mum arrived for a visit, but she brought me all the remaining fabric from her house: I sorted through her stash last time I was in the US, to see what I'd like to keep, but didn't have space to bring it home in my luggage. Plus a friend sent me a load of stuff she was getting rid of, some of which I took home with me and some of which I didn't have space for.  She's brought me small parts of the stash before, but this was all the rest of it, and quite a bit to boot, so it's like Christmas here at Chez North.  Lots and lots of lovely pieces. The stuff in the bottom two photos is small pieces, mostly FQ size; the upper two pictures are larger pieces - the neutrals are 2 or 3 metres each, and the other are mostly half metres, with a few one metre pieces.  A lot of them are tonals, which will be really useful. Exciting times!



6 comments:

Marei said...

Exciting times indeed! What fun it is to get fabric....for me there's nothing quite like it. I see you're going to have a lot more blocks 'lurking' round the house in the coming months. I hope you have a great visit with your Mom.

black bear cabin said...

wow...will your mom come visit me and bring goodies too! :) im in the states...so much closer ;)
enjoy the stash...and the visit!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oh well done mum!! That'll keep you busy for a while!!

Sharon W. said...

Of course you will link us to this photo when you begin to show the blocks/tops you made from those delicious pieces? That will be next week, right????

Needled Mom said...

I can't think of anyone who will do more justice to all of that stash. Enjoy your mom's visit.

ruthsplace said...

Nice! It's always lovely to get new fabric to reinvigorate the stash. I hope you have a lovely visit with your mum.