Saturday, July 05, 2014

Wonky Four Patch...


I've made wonky blocks before (usually intentionally), but this is the first time I've ever made them all the same kind of wonky, in order to get a different finished effect.  Wish I could take credit for the idea, but it's from a book called Wonky One-Block Quilts by Marlous Carter, which I picked up at Sandown Quilt Show - liked the idea of using the wonkiness to create order. 


There are actually two sets of blocks - a left leaning and a right leaning one. And I changed the size of the blocks (of course), but I loved the way she put the blocks back together after cutting the wonkiness into them. You'll be seeing more from this book, I'm sure!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Love this wonky design!!

floribunda said...

what a cool effect that wonkiness makes! great fabrics, too...

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Gosh, they look curved, great effect