Monday, July 21, 2014

Fame & Fortune (or maybe not)


You may well wonder what a photo of my son playing Mr Banks in his Year 6 production of Mary Poppins is doing on my quilty blog rather than my family blog...  well, it's not just a proud parent bragging moment, it's that I spotted this on Mary Poppins' bed during the production:


I am one of those annoying quilt spotters, who watches for them on telly and in films, but in this case, it's more than that - this is a quilt which I gave to our school nursery when Alex left the nursery to go to "big school" (the nursery is part of school).  So it seems doubly fitting that the quilt has a starring role (or perhaps maybe only a supporting role!) in the production as well...

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

How lovely!, I watch out for quilts too - I'm watching sleepy hollow at the mo, Jonny Depp had a lovely triangle quilt on his bed

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your post made me smile.. I'm a quilt spotter too and have been known to shout "quilt" in the middle of horror films... :-)