Friday, August 05, 2011

Loot!


Of course, being on holiday in a different place, with different shops, I had to go exploring for local quilt shops and whatnot - especially as my partner in crime on this holiday was my friend Cathi, who is also a quilter. I didn't buy a lot in the quilt shop, Coast and Country Quilts and Crafts, though I did pick up a layer cake of this range, Grand Finale by Sandy Gervais for Moda, which I think is a fabulous line - really me. Not sure what I will do with it yet, but a layer cake (10" squares) seemed more practical than a jelly roll. I also picked up a charm pack (5" squares) of the Sunkissed range - I especially like the text in this one! No need to feel guilty about buying fabric (not that I usually do anyway) as I worked out I haven't been to a quilt shop this year yet. I went to the fabric sale at Farnham Maltings, but bought mostly cheaper cuts for backings and have bought plain black a few times - and that's it!



Cath is also very into scrapbooking, and although I don't scrapbook myself, I never mind hitting a scrapbooking shop, as I like to look at (and buy) things like papers, letters, brads, ribbons, transfers, stamps, and other doodads which can be used in ATC making.



These lovely pieces all came from Scrap Angels in St Agnes, where we thoroughly enjoyed looking at pretty much everything in the whole shop, including helping to unpack a shipment that arrived while we were there...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Lovely goodies - I bought the Awesome layer cake by Sandy Gervais a while back - very similar to this . Took a while to actually decide what to do with it and even longer to cut it - lol. Will have to get some pictures of what I've done so far.

Lynne said...

Souvenirs of our holidays are a necessity - especially when they relate to our crafting! LOL

Nice finds!

buy dissertation said...

Thanks for this post! i really enjoyed reading it!!!