I had a clear-out of my sewing room over the Easter holidays, and clearouts always mean there is stuff to get rid of. So, I'm offering this stuff up to interested parties in the usual sort of way - leave a comment about what you are interested in and names will be drawn. Some priority will be given to longtime readers, makers of charity quilts, etc, but honestly, I don't want the stuff, so I'd rather some who did want it, had it. If that's you, leave a comment and in a week or two, I will choose some people to send it all to. One item per customer unless you are the only one who wants two different things! No obligation to do anything with any of it, but if you do, I'd love to see it. And feel free to cut things up, use only part of a set, pass stuff on, re-giveaway if necessary. Whatever.
First off, 7 blocks which are black and tonal fabrics. These are the leftovers from the Birthday Block Swap. There is nothing wrong with any of these blocks, they are just the ones that, for whatever reason, didn't fit in so well when I put the blocks together into four (or was it five?) different smallish quilts. In a few cases it was size, in at least one case the black fabric was a bit lighter than most of the others. All nice blocks, they just didn't fit quite right. And I just know that all they will do is sit around my sewing room doing nothing!
Next, 7 blocks which originally came from the HST swap I did (half-square triangle). Again, these blocks are fine in themselves, but didn't work as well with the others when finally got around to making my blocks into a top. These are all 12" (finished - i.e. 12.5") blocks except one, which is about a quarter inch too small. Can't remember which off the top of my head. A couple of these weren't used because in the end I decided to go for blocks which used smaller triangles, one has a bit too much white in the black print, etc. I can't remember just why they weren't chosen but again, I'm sure someone will be able to use them for something interesting and worthwhile!
This is a mini quilt - not sure how big - maybe 18x24? maybe not as big as that. It was originally made for the BQL Challenge last year, but the thing is, I don't really like it. Longtime readers here may remember I was a bit ambivalent at the time; well, I still don't really like it. Someone will! Needs binding of course, and you may want to quilt a bit behind the flippy strips (one of the things I don't like is the bagginess there), or not - up to you.
A set of 3" log cabin blocks, paper pieced (paper still on). Originally made for the Christmas 4SQS, but the contrast wasn't good enough, so I redid the mini with light blue and white in the background. In fact, I made two of them. I'm not going to use these for anything; if I manage to turn the second set of blocks I made into a quilt for myself, I'll be impressed. There's a strange number of blocks because the planned layout originally was on point.
And last but not least - in my opinion, the most interesting of the lot - the Widows and Orphans section. This is my bag of extra bits and pieces from finished projects - where you have one or two blocks too many, or where you are testing something out but don't use the tester or where you put a block together wrong and can't be bothered to take it apart again but don't feel you should throw it away... this really is a scrapbag assortment, but all the bits are pieced units of some sort or other; some are full blocks.