Thursday, March 05, 2015

Fabric In


A couple of pieces of fabric ordered in the mail this week (many thanks for the excellent service to my friend Meg at New Threads Quilt Shop) - these are going to be used for binding for a couple of quilts which I've had back from the longarmer for a very long time. We won't talk about how long...  One is going to be a wedding present for a friend getting married in April, so it really needs a binding, and as long as I was ordering binding for one, it seemed sensible to order for the other, too. Plus, it keeps me out of an actual quilt shop, where I would no doubt be tempted into other purchases, which I don't really need at the moment (I'll save that experience for the next quilt show I visit, perhaps Sandown in June).  So, my task soon will be to make up the binding to attach to these quilts - and the other quilt I have waiting for binding (for which I can use a fabric I already have set aside for the purpose).  Maybe on the weekend I'll get around to that task. Maybe!

2 comments:

Marei said...

Love getting fabric in the mail! I just got a squishy with 3 yards in it yesterday. :) And your black swirly fabric? One of my favorites...I have had it in green, yellow, pink and blue. You just can't go wrong with that pattern.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Yay for Meg! Let me know if you do sandown - meet for a coffee????