Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A little playing with new fabric


To celebrate having some "new" fabric to play with, I decided to take some blocks I had sitting around - these scrappy log cabin blocks with HST centres, which I had in various sizes (a result of using different width strips when making them):


and add some borders to the outside, in neutral and green. Now all the neutral (12) and green (9) bordered blocks are 12" squares, so they can be combined in various ways to make some quilt tops. I'd quite like to put the greens and neutrals together in a couple of tops together as I think they would look nice, but that's a project for a different day...


That left me with 16 blocks which were 8" squares, which also can either be combined as is, or perhaps have another round around them in due course. 

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

The green and neutral always make such a great combination. They look good now.